There are many ways to make a difference at Dorcas Ministries. We welcome and encourage a wide variety of donations, whether it is your time, talent, or treasures.
Donate to Dorcas Shop
We accept the following gently used items for sale in the store or to support our services in the community:
- Household items
- Various other items
For more information, visit Dorcas Shop.
Donate to Dorcas Food Pantry
If you would like to help, we would welcome a gift of any of these items.
- canned meat (stew, Spaghettios/Ravioli, etc.)
- canned salmon or tuna
- canned vegetables
- canned soups
- canned fruits
- canned potatoes
- sugar (2 lb. bag)
- flour (2 lb. bag)
- peanut butter & jelly
- dried milk
For more information, visit Food Pantry.
Drop Off Times & Location
Bring your contribution to the drop-off area at the back of the Dorcas Thrift Shop building.
187 High House Road
Cary, NC 27511
Monday-Friday: 8 AM – 6 PM
Saturday: 8 AM – 4 PM
Sunday: 11 – 2 PM
Please be aware that we do not accept donations during periods of heavy rain.
All donations are eligible for a tax receipt during business hours.
We ask that you do not leave your donations outside after hours for security purposes. Also, you will not be eligible for a tax receipt.
Items We Don’t Accept
At this time, we are unable to take the items that are listed below for various reasons. We hope you will continue to donate your other previously loved goods to Dorcas Ministries.”
- Box Springs/Mattresses
- Old Computers/CRT (Wide) Monitors
- Cassette Tapes
- Car Seats/Booster Seats
- Children’s Strollers
- Children’s Swings
- Children’s Battery Powered Riding Toys
- Children’s Mesh Play Pens
- Baby Cribs
- Ceiling Fans
- Ceiling/Wall Mounted Light Fixtures
- Egg Crate Mattress Pads
- Gas Powered Equipment
- Gas Grills
- Encyclopedias/Text Books
- Exercise Equipment
- Fax Machines, Printers, Scanners, and other Computer Peripherals
- Kerosene/Gas Heaters
- Large Desks/Over_sized furniture
- Large Appliances (Washers, Dryers, Freezers, Stoves, etc.)
- Non-Assembled Furniture, Shelving, etc.
- Non-Working Electronics/Small Appliances
- Phone Books
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Sleeper Sofas
- TV’s Manufactured Before Jan. 2004
- Console TV’s
- Water Beds
- Hazardous Materials (Paint, Oil, Chemicals)
We have the discretion to not take any any donation we deem unmarketable or unusable. If you have a question about an item you’d like to donate, email Harold Elixson.